Saturday 26 April 2014

Anne Saint-Marie


Mostly, I find that London has it all and I am never short of things to do and see during the week and on the weekends. But this month, I do wish I were making an impromptu trip to Paris. The Papier Glacé exhibition at the Palais Galliera celebrates a century of fashion photography at Condé Nast, depicting how the company and its brands, most notably including Vogue, have shaped the evolution of fashion. The museum will be littered with iconic fashion photographers, such as Cecil Beaton, Irving Penn and Mario Testino. However, this incredibly effortless shot of the 1950s supermodel Anne Saint-Marie stole my eye. Appearing in American Vogue in 1955, Henry Clarke captures an incredible sophistication, which transcends time and place. A source of inspiration for aspiring to elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment